1899 - Cornerstone for library building on present site laid by Governor Theodore Roosevelt.
1901 - Oyster Bay Free Circulating Library is dedicated.
1938 - East Norwich Public Library founded.
1949 - Oyster Bay Library remodeled in memory of General Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., killed in WWII.
1967 - State Education Dept. issues Charter to Oyster Bay - East Norwich Public Library.
1974 - Bishop House purchased.
1975 - Bishop House renovation completed.
1981 - Addition of Non-Fiction area.
1984 - Community Room added.
1989 - Voters approve bond for renovation and expansion project.
1991 - Contracts are signed and construction begins.
1993 - Project substantially completed, with all public and staff areas available for use.
1994 - Final details of project completed.
Hammond, John. "Village Views: the Peoples Reading Room." Oyster Bay Guardian. January 9, 1998: 5.
Hammond, John. "Village Views: the Oyster Bay Free Library Formed." Oyster Bay Guardian. January 16, 1998: 5.
Hammond, John. "Village Views: the Library Cornerstone." Oyster Bay Guardian. January 23, 1998: 3, 5.
McPherson, Kenneth F. Survey for the Oyster Bay - East Norwich Library.